7.06.2009

Smith Westerns



Maybe you have heard of them, maybe you haven't-- either way, they are being talked about at an incredible rate. The band The Smith Westerns are soaring high on internet hype right now. Easily one of my favorite albums of this year so far, right there with the likes of my current garage-rock favorites Thee Oh Sees, The Fresh & Onlys, Ganglians... I guess what I am trying to say is that they are very similar to all of the Woodsist bands I like, just 10 years younger than all of them.

Yeah, these kids are in high school. "What the fuck!"~ I know... I never saw the next 'Electric Warrior' coming back to life in the form of excellent lo-fi indie-garage-rock from kids who probably can't vote or buy a pack of cigarettes.  Catchy melodies, beautiful distortions laid over some really great rhythms, there really isn't anything to complain about when looking into this album.

I have a link to the album at the bottom of this post, I HIGHLY recommend downloading it, you won't be disappointed.











even a clever album cover, eh?



get it FREE here: 
http://www.mediafire.com/?vghnzzniocy

No comments:

Post a Comment